Top 5 popular stock market or finance-themed movies that were highly rated on IMDb.
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Director: Martin Scorsese
- Plot: Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, the film chronicles the rise and fall of a wealthy stockbroker who engages in corrupt activities on Wall Street. His lifestyle of extreme excess, both professionally and personally, eventually leads to his downfall as he grapples with law enforcement and his own personal demons.
- IMDb Rating : 8.2/10
2. The Big Short (2015)
- Director: Adam McKay
- Plot: The story revolves around the financial crisis of 2007-2008 triggered by the United States housing bubble.
- IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
3. Wall Street (1987)
- Director: Oliver Stone
- Plot: An ambitious young stockbroker is lured into the illegal, lucrative world of corporate espionage when he is seduced by the power, status, and financial wizardry of Wall Street legend Gordon Gekko.
- IMDb Rating (as of January 2022): 7.4/10
4. Moneyball (2011)
- Director: Bennett Miller
- Plot: The story of Oakland’s general manager Billy Beane’s successful attempt to assemble a baseball team on a lean budget by employing computer-generated analysis to draft his players.
- IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
5. Margin Call (2011)
- Director: J.C. Chandor
- Plot: A 24-hour period during the early stages of the 2007-2008 financial crisis, focusing on an investment bank and the tough decisions they have to make.
- IMDb Rating: 7.1/10